Tuesday 1 May 2007

A Really Nice Surprise

I've just received written notification that my name has been submitted and I have been chosen as a recipient of a Fellowship to the "Australian Institute of History and Arts" for Costume Design and Construction. This is "a society which recognises the talents of people who are recognised as leaders in their chosen field" I think I know who nominated me, and I am quite honoured to be among such esteemed company as Kevin Fahey, adviser to National Trust on cedar and silver, Werner Filipitsch australian artist, and Edgar Penzig, author and historian. I will be entitled to use initials FAIHA after my name if I chose to. I feel very humble that my work, especially in the field of historical reproduction costumes, has been recognised. The dinner and award presentation take place in late July. Perhaps I should design a suitable costume to wear? I have some lovely black and tan striped silk yardage that I planned to turn into an 1890's costume. Just have to finalise the design....

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations Christine! I'm not surprised given the lovely pieces I have seen on your blogs. I'm sure you will now be even more in demand!
all the best, Margaret H

Gerry said...

Congratulations. I've seen your work, you certainly have earned it!

Anonymous said...

contratulations ... can't wait to see pics of your next costume

Mandy said...

Many congratulations - richly deserved too!